Other Potential Sectors
Organic Spices :
• The favourable agro-climatic condition, low use of
chemicals and the availability of good varieties of spices
offer good opportunities for development and procurement of
• Major spices : Ginger (4170.42 MT), Turmeric (3,381 MT),
Chilli (2,085 MT), Black Pepper (41.15 MT)
• There is an ample scope for area expansion under organic
spices cultivation in Tripura. Major spices include Ginger,
Turmeric, Chilli, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Tezpatta.
Medicinal Plant sector :
• At least 266 Medicinal plants with 68 species of trees, 71
herbs, 39 shrub and 88 climbers.
• The State Government has constituted the Medicinal Plant
Board of Tripura.
• The Medicinal Plant Policy has been declared by the State
Bio-Fuel Sector :
• Potential in Bio-Fuel sector by planting Jatropha curcas.
• Constitution of State Bio-Fuel Mission under Forest
Department is in anvil.
• The State Government invites investment in this sector
through PPP mode.
• One of the Global Bio diversity Hotspots with diverse kind
of biological and cultural variance.
• Great potential for development of Eco Tourism in the
designated protected areas of Trishna, Sepahijala and Roa.